Happy children and staff are celebrating Hill West Nursery School’s latest Ofsted inspection, which rates the centre as ‘outstanding in supporting pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare’.
The nursery was inspected last month, shortly after moving into brand new premises at the school (with funding support from Sutton Coldfield Charitable Trust) and inspectors found it to be ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features.
The inspection evaluated the quality and standards of the early years provision as ‘Good’ but identified the nursery as, ‘Outstanding’ in, ‘supporting pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare’. Lead inspector Beverley Devlin recognised that the children are, ‘much loved and excellently cared for’.
The inspection also identified the excellent practice in early language acquisition and acknowledged that the teaching of early reading was well established so that children, ‘enjoy reading books and listening to stories read by enthusiastic staff’.
The Ofsted report also stated that:
- The children enjoy the time they spend in the nursery. Staff offer plenty of cuddles and reassurance and new children settle very quickly.
- The manager and staff are committed to providing the best quality play and learning environment they can for the children.
- Children have excellent opportunities to respect and understand the similarities and differences of people in the wider world. They thoroughly enjoy an extensive range of interesting activities.
- The staff build strong partnerships with other settings and professionals involved in children’s lives.
- Staff gather relevant information from parents about what their children already know, can do and need to learn next.
We’re delighted that Ofsted has recognised our outstanding provision. The happiness and wellbeing of all our children is our priority and we are delighted that inspectors saw that children are ‘much loved and excellently cared for’. It’s also pleasing that the report highlights how committed staff are to providing quality play and learning. We believe in creating an environment where children can develop that love of learning from the earliest age, while enjoying all the fun and joy that nursery brings. We have such wonderful children, families and staff and we are incredibly privileged to be part of their lives.”
Hill West Headteacher, Dr Beth Clarke (pictured with Gill and some nursery children) said:
Congratulations to the whole of nursery – this fantastic outcome is thoroughly deserved and everybody at Hill West is proud of them. Gill and her excellent team are committed to giving children the very best start in life and their care, dedication and professionalism shines through in this report. The children are superstars! We can measure success by the smiles on their faces. If children enjoy coming to nursery and school, then they’ll thrive and foster a lifelong love of learning that can lead to so many opportunities.”
For the full report please visit: https://files.api.ofsted.gov.uk/v1/file/50034992