During November and December, the ATLP and its schools enjoyed a range of positive media coverage with national and regional broadcast, digital and print coverage, including 36 positive mentions and more than £4,500 worth of advertising equivalent in the Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer alone.
Links are attached to all online versions of the stories, where applicable. Print copies are available from the press office. Approximate Advertising Value Equivalents are attached for the Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer, based on print values only, as we have hard copies of this publication. These figures are based on publications’ current average advertising page rates.
Social media coverage is not included in this report: however, most news outlets, including ITV, Big Centre TV, Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer, Sutton Coldfield Local, also featured links to the stories on Twitter and Facebook.
News releases issued by the press office
The following stories were issued on behalf of the ATLP and its schools.
- Sir Chris among royalty at Westminster Abbey
- Slade pupils light up the classroom
- Mere Green grows with the community (feature)
- Green-fingered volunteers needed to lend a handy at Brookvale
- Erdington pupils get on their bikes and ride
- England rugby star and wasps create a buzz in school
- MP celebrates success
- Celebrating Unity in Diversity
- Brookvale among country’s top schools for early reading
- Future headteachers on course for success
Big Centre TV, evening news
2.3 million viewers, nationally
- Lengthy story about the Unity in Diversity festival.
ITV News website
The Guardian newspaper
Interviewed Cathryn Mortimer regarding teacher training, but due to space limitations, the interview was not published this time.
The Birmingham Mail
Print reach: 95,634
Digital reach (monthly): 3,438,305
Full Page 340mm height x 265mm width, £1,200+vat
The Royal Sutton Coldfield Observer
16 mentions including digital and print. Print advertising value equivalent (AVE) £4,500 approximately
Print reach: 94,570
Digital reach: 124,499
Approximate advertising Value Equivalent based on £700 half page:
Full page size 330mm (h) x 260mm (w)
- Dramatic turnaround for struggling secondary school
160mm (h) x 170mm (w) AVE £400 approx.
- Open day for aspiring teachers
65mm x 90mm AVE £85 approx.
- Sutton Coldfield students cross the chequered flag
- Speedy students show off skills at ECO event
180mm (h) x 260mm (w) half page AVE £700 approx.
- Fundraisers in Sutton Coldfield
- Going dotty for Children in Need
70mm (h) x50mm (w) AVE £80 approx.
- Nursery pupils learn about Diwali
Half page, AVE £700 approx.
- Vibrant culture of the region is celebrated at school’s super festival
210mm (h) x 140mm (w) AVE £400 approx.
- School safety
150 (h) x 130 (w) AVE £310 approx.
- New York next stop as Jessica follow dream of music career
Half page, AVE £700 approx.
- School celebrates second national award for reading
190mm (h) x 160 (w) AVE £420 approx.
- Education leaders pass test at popular training scheme
230 (h) x 180 (w) AVE £720 approx.
Sutton Coldfield Local
The Phoenix Newspaper
Circulation 800,000 (monthly)
The Tyburn Mail
Circulation 20,000 (per edition)
- Can you help make a disused school allotment into an adventure playground?
Mums in the Know (all sites, nationwide)
The Coleshill Post
- Coleshill’s gold winners graduate
- Growing together: Learning Partnership ATLP welcomes Coleshill School.
- Coleshill School: Sally Taylor joins ATLP as interim CEO
- Coleshill Sixth Form Students #AIMING HIGH!
- Business Studies and Chocolate!